Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Memorial Day Movie-Fest

Memorial Day weekend: the time of year when we all have a 3-days off work, which allows us time to sleep in, grill hamburgers, and consume large quantities of alcoholic beverages in order to remember those that have passed on, before us. I myself did not visit a cemetery, though I’ve heard rumors that some people do so on this day of remembrance…to each their own. My weekend was fun and relaxing, and today at the office I feel as though a cloak of torment has been draped over me, keeping me in a constant state of sadness for which there is no escape.

Being at work is not the first thing that I would be doing, if I had a choice of activities.
I’m fairly certain that if I had my way, at this exact moment in time…I would be in bed sleeping. My Memorial (3) Day weekend extravaganza went by too fast, leaving me feeling cheap and unsatisfied. Where did the time go?

My Memorial Day activities involved renting 3 movies from Blockbuster, buying a large bottle of Coconut Rum and pineapple juice, and sitting on my comfy couch. Jen and I took full advantage of our day off of work, and sat around the house like slugs and watched movies while sipping our fruity delicious drinks. We watched The Phantom of the Opera , White Noise, and Life Aquatic. The first 2 were ok, but I really liked Life Aquatic with Bill Murray. I’m planning on watching it again tonight, when I get home from work. In fact, my new blog quote (at the top right of this page) is from that movie. So many great quotes, in that movie.

Anyway, I had a good weekend, and a nice Memorial Day. There’s nothing like drinking at 2:00 in the afternoon on a weekday….good times!

No comments: